As the year 2017 is quickly coming to a close, we praise God for the kindness He has shown us through you, our partners and faithful friends.
Greetings from Myer and Marie, and all the grateful children of New Hope Children’s Village.
This was an ambitious year full of milestones and challenges.
- NHCV moved to a new facility, better accommodations for our children and closer to our home church
- Katie and Prius turned 18 and graduated to a new life.
- Katie remains as a wonderful assistant to Marie. Katie was raised at NHCV and is best qualified to assume responsibility in our expansion.
- Prius is a son of the ministry and always will be. We and the children love him dearly and will remain close as this family grows. He is preparing to become a teacher and we hope he will return as a teacher at the Myer Torbor Academy some day.
- Although we remain in arrears—all the children are receiving their education and we are working towards raising the tuition needed.
- We provided new mattresses for the children this year.
- Scripture memory is expanded as the children get older and their minds become better able to understand the Gospel.
- We were able to replace the worn out water pump that provides water for the children and the house.
- God blessed us with good health this year, praise His name!
The Myer Torbor Academy was dedicated and the doors were open in September, inviting children from the surrounding area to come and learn.
While the academy is not a part of the orphanage, it is an extension of the work that we are doing and is expected to produce a positive cash flow in 2018. This income is needed to support my wife and I as we take no income from New Hope Children’s Village. 100% of the gifts that are received are devoted to the support of the children.
God bless you for blessing these precious children.
We are always in need of your prayers and gifts. What we do in Liberia is so invisible to the world, but oh, how we wish that we could take in more needy children! Our hope is that the children we graduate will move on in Christ and be a change for Liberians for generations to come.
Please, if you are able, help us to do what God has called us to do for these little ones.
Forgive me for begging, but I do it for the children, not for myself or my wife. Please help us with your financial gifts of any size. We really cannot do this alone.
Merry Christmas and our very best wishes for a Healthy, Joyous, and Prosperous 2018!
Always thankful in Christ for you all,
Myer and Marie Torbor
New Hope Children’s Village
Glory to God